The Brooklyn construction accident lawyers at Gorayeb & Associates are committed to defending victims of workplace injuries and working to ensure they receive comprehensive and fair compensation that allows them to:
- Cover all medical and rehabilitation expenses.
- Recover lost wages due to the accident.
- Obtain compensation for pain and suffering, a concept that provides payments for the emotional and psychological implications of the accident.
It is essential to note:
- Regardless of immigration status, if you have suffered a workplace injury, you have the right to claim compensation under New York laws.
- When working with New York construction accident legal experts at Gorayeb & Associates, you do not have to make out-of-pocket payments.
- Our firm has won over a billion dollars in compensation for our clients.
- We are an active and essential part of the Latin community in New York, with the Gorayeb Community Center.
- Our commitment to defending the rights of Hispanic individuals has made us known as "The People's Lawyers."
Throughout this page, we will explain everything you need to know about the legal defense we provide to victims of workplace accidents:
- How can Gorayeb & Associates' workplace injury lawyers in Brooklyn help me?
- How much will it cost to hire Gorayeb & Associates' workplace accident lawyers in Brooklyn?
- In what types of accidents can construction injury lawyers in Brooklyn help me?
- Construction accidents
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
- How much money will I receive if I win an accident case?
- Most common injuries in construction accidents
- Statistics on construction accidents in the United States and NY
- What should I do if I've had an accident in Brooklyn?
- What to do when approached by an insurance company representative?
- Top 10 tips to prevent workplace accidents
If you or a loved one has suffered a workplace injury, the construction accident lawyers in Brooklyn at Gorayeb & Associates, are ready to defend your rights and work to ensure you receive the maximum compensation legally owed to you. Request your free consultation today.
How Do Brooklyn Workplace Accident Attorneys from Gorayeb & Associates Help Me?
To win a case of injury due to an accident, it is necessary to demonstrate that the injuries were caused by the negligence of a third party. This task can be complex from a legal standpoint, as it requires a high level of technical expertise and a deep understanding of labor accident laws.
To assist victims of workplace accidents in Brooklyn, the lawyers at Gorayeb & Associates offer the following specialized actions that ensure the legal excellence of our work:
- We provide personalized and Spanish-language legal advice for construction accidents in Brooklyn.
- We take care of the entire legal aspect of the case so that the client can focus on their recovery.
- We manage the ideal medical care for the specific injuries of each client (sometimes work insurance only covers care from certain medical providers who may not necessarily specialize in the type of injuries the worker has suffered).
- We analyze the legal aspects of the case and identify third parties responsible for legal action.
- We collect evidence, such as testimonies, expert opinions, medical reports, police reports, photographs, and videos of the accident.
- We build a strong case based on this evidence and calculate the amount of money to be demanded from the responsible party.
- We negotiate with the responsible party to obtain the maximum possible compensation.
- In the event of a trial, we represent the client (although most cases are resolved before reaching court).
- Winning the case does not end our work. We stay in contact with the client to ensure that all compensation agreements are fulfilled and that their recovery progresses smoothly.
- During the process, we can advance cash payments to the victim on their claim.
How Much Will It Cost to Hire Brooklyn Building Site Injury Attorneys from Gorayeb & Associates?
At Gorayeb & Associates, we understand that the financial aspect of seeking legal representation can be a concern for many individuals. That's why we offer a transparent and client-friendly "contingency fee" structure, alleviating any upfront financial burden on our clients. With this approach, you can rest assured that you won't have to pay anything out of your pocket during your case.
Our dedication to representing victims of construction site accidents in Brooklyn goes beyond legal advocacy; we prioritize safeguarding the interests and well-being of those we serve. To protect the economic interests of our clients, particularly in cases involving injuries, we take a unique approach. We invest our own resources to cover the costs associated with legal proceedings, allowing our clients to focus on their recovery without the added stress of financial strain.
Under our contingency fee arrangement, our compensation is contingent upon the successful resolution of your case. We only receive a percentage of the final compensation awarded to you. This ensures that our interests are aligned with yours – our success is tied to yours.
Our goal is to provide top-notch legal representation without creating financial barriers for our clients. By working on a contingency basis, we aim to make justice accessible to all, allowing you to pursue the compensation you rightfully deserve while we handle the complexities of your case. You can trust Gorayeb & Associates to stand by you, advocating for your rights, and securing the fair compensation you need for recovery.
In What Types of Accidents Can Brooklyn Construction Injury Attorneys Help Me?
We specialize in a variety of accidents, primarily within the construction industry, encompassing hazardous tasks such as working at heights, operating heavy machinery, and using dangerous tools. Among the accidents we handle are:
Construction workers are exposed to a range of hazards, including:
- Working at heights: this can lead to falls, severe injuries, or even death.
- Operating heavy machinery: construction machines can be highly dangerous if not used correctly.
- Using tools and hazardous substances.
Latino workers are particularly vulnerable to these accidents because, often, their employers fail to fulfill their obligation to provide Spanish-language training on accident prevention and to supply all necessary protective equipment free of charge to perform the work safely.
The Brooklyn construction site injury lawyers at Gorayeb & Associates specialize in all types of construction accidents, including:
- Machinery accidents
- Falls at construction sites
- Ladder accidents
- Scaffolding accidents
- Crane accidents
- Roof collapse accidents
- Window cleaning accidents
- Roof accidents
- Falling cargo, materials, or objects accidents
- Building demolition accidents
- Eye injuries accidents
- Construction elevator accidents
- Electric saw accidents
Accidents involving trucks can result in serious injuries and are legally complex. At Gorayeb & Associates, we are experts in assisting victims of the following types of truck accidents:
- 18-wheeler truck accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents at construction sites
When a tragedy occurs, and a person dies due to an accident, their loved ones have the right to seek compensation that allows them to navigate the grieving process without financial worries.
These cases are referred to as wrongful death. Family members who may claim this compensation are diverse and include the victim's spouse, daughters, sons, mother, father, sisters, and brothers.
Some of the benefits these family members can obtain include coverage for funeral and burial expenses, compensation for loss of income, and the possibility to seek compensation for loss of consortium (a benefit primarily granted to the victim's spouse).
How Much Money Will I Receive if I Win an Accident Case?
An exact standard amount for compensation for victims of negligence accidents cannot be established since each compensation is unique and is generally determined by considering two primary factors:
- The severity of the injuries.
- The estimated time required for recovery.
To accurately calculate the appropriate compensation, lawyers specializing in injury accidents take into account benefits from two specific categories:
1. Economic Expenses:
These are related to the out-of-pocket costs and direct losses directly linked to the suffered injuries. They include:
- Clinical studies
- Intensive therapy
- Medical fees
- Ambulance costs
- Rehabilitation equipment
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of wages
2. Non-economic Expenses:
This category encompasses the emotional and psychological issues generated or that could be generated in victims due to the accident, such as:
- Limitations in enjoying quality time with family and loved ones
The calculation of compensation is a detailed process that takes into account these factors to ensure that victims receive a fair and comprehensive amount that addresses both economic and non-economic losses resulting from the accident.
Most Common Injuries in Construction Accidents
Among the most common personal injuries caused by construction accidents are:
- Contusions: Damage to soft tissues such as muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Sprains: Injuries to ligaments, which connect bones.
- Fractures: Injuries to bones and ribs.
- Wounds: Damage to the skin or underlying tissues.
- Crush Injuries: Injuries caused by the compression of bodily tissues.
- Risks of Electrocution, Fires, and Explosions: These events can lead to burn injuries.
- Possibility of Poisoning: Due to exposure to toxic substances during construction work.
- Injuries to Knees, Elbows, Ankles, Abdomen, and Chest.
- Cervical Injuries: Mainly associated with whiplash.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Particularly severe if the spinal cord is affected.
Construction accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, and it is crucial for victims to seek appropriate legal representation to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve for their specific injuries and losses.
Statistics on Construction Accidents in the United States and NY
According to data provided by the government of New York City, construction work is identified as a high-risk occupation due to:
- The death of approximately 20 people each year in construction accidents in New York.
- The construction industry reports a death toll five times higher than any other industry in New York.
As for national statistics on construction accidents, a report from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics states that:
- More than 10 percent of reported annual occupational deaths in the United States originate in the construction industry.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has conducted an analysis of the root causes of these accidents and has concluded that 60 percent of fatalities in the construction industry are attributed to four main types of accidents:
- Slips and falls.
- Struck by objects or falling materials.
- Caught-in/between accidents (crushing).
What Should I Do if I've Had an Accident in Brooklyn?
After experiencing an accident, your first action should be to seek immediate medical attention. We suggest following these steps:
- If an ambulance has not been requested, try to arrange for one.
- Comply with all instructions from medical personnel.
- Request and keep a copy of the diagnosis of your injuries.
Once you have received medical attention, inform your employer about the incident. For record-keeping purposes, it is advisable to make this notification in writing, such as through an email.
After contacting your employer, we recommend taking these additional measures to facilitate the claims process:
- Obtain contact information (name, phone, and address) from potential witnesses present and other individuals involved.
- Capture images and videos documenting your injuries and the circumstances of the accident.
- In the case of workplace accidents, notify the relevant company.
- Ensure that the privacy settings on your social media are adjusted and refrain from posting details about the accident.
What to Do When an Insurance Company Representative Approaches?
After experiencing an accident, an insurance company representative may want to engage in a conversation with you to reach an agreement that primarily benefits the company and seeks to pay you as little as possible to increase the insurer's investors' profits. If this happens, we recommend following these guidelines:
- Avoid signing any documents without prior consideration.
- Refrain from making statements or comments.
- Contact a specialized accident lawyer from Gorayeb & Associates immediately.
- Inform the insurance representative that, from that moment on, all negotiations will be conducted exclusively through your lawyers.
Top 10 Tips for Preventing Workplace Accidents
Workplace accidents can have serious consequences, ranging from significant injuries to permanent disabilities or even loss of life. For this reason, it is crucial for workers to adopt preventive safety measures.
Here are 10 tips to prevent workplace accidents:
- Always use the appropriate protective equipment, such as helmets, goggles, gloves, and safety footwear, to safeguard yourself against injuries.
- Strictly adhere to the safety procedures established by your employer. These are designed to protect both you and your colleagues.
- Stay alert and be aware of potential hazards in your work environment by carefully observing your workspace and recognizing any risky factors.
- Avoid working alone, and inform your colleagues of your location when performing tasks involving risks.
- Prioritize proper rest, as fatigue can increase the risk of workplace accidents.
- Do not consume alcohol or drugs before or during your workday.
- Report any safety issues you identify to your employer, as it is their responsibility to provide a safe working environment.
- Participate in safety training programs, which can be crucial for accident prevention.
- Keep your tools and equipment in optimal condition, thus avoiding potential hazards associated with their poor state.
- Familiarize yourself in detail with the specific risks inherent to your job so that you can take the necessary measures to protect yourself adequately.
Gorayeb & Associates is Your Best Choice for Construction Accidents
At Gorayeb & Associates, our work stands out for legal excellence and the friendly, professional, and empathetic treatment we provide to our clients. We have won over a billion dollars for our clients, we speak Spanish, and we are an integral part of the Latino community in New York, which we have been defending for over 35 years.
If you or a loved one has suffered a workplace injury, the Brooklyn construction accident lawyers at Gorayeb & Associates are ready to defend your rights and work to ensure you receive the maximum compensation legally owed to you. Request your free consultation today.
Brooklyn Construction Accident Case Results
If you are a victim of a construction accident in Brooklyn, our personal injury lawyers will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Where Else Can You Find Us?
If you're not in Brooklyn, you can still locate us in: