What Are These Economic Benefits?
If you were a victim of negligence in an accident, you may receive payments that allow you to:
- Cover any bills related to your medical expenses.
- Receive reimbursements for the wages you are losing if your injuries prevent you from working.
- Be compensated for pain and suffering or any psychological and/or emotional distress resulting from your injuries.
Unfortunately, victims often miss the opportunity to obtain this compensation due to two mistakes:
- They accept the initial settlement offered by an insurance representative.
- They hire inexperienced lawyers who have a poor track record of winning personal injury cases.
Did you get injured due to someone else's fault in an accident? Call us or fill out this form to request a free consultation. At Gorayeb & Associates, we have specialized in construction accident cases for over 35 years and have won over a billion dollars for clients. Our Manhattan construction accident lawyers speak Spanish and are ready to work with you to seek justice in your case.
How Can Accident Lawyers in Manhattan Help Me?
Many individuals who are injured due to someone else's fault wonder:
"What should I do to win my case and obtain fair compensation?"
To win a personal injury case, it is necessary to demonstrate that the accident was indeed the fault of someone else. In the legal world, this is known as a "negligence accident." Such cases can be complex, and the guidance of an experienced injury lawyer in Manhattan in Manhattan is essential for success. To win these cases, they perform various specialized tasks, such as:
- Investigating the location where the accident occurred with the assistance of experts in various fields (such as medicine, mechanics, or investigation) to find and gather evidence.
- Locating and interviewing eyewitnesses to the accident to document their testimonies and present them as evidence.
- Conducting in-depth examinations of both medical and police reports.
- Based on all this information, they build a legally solid case and calculate the amount of compensation to be sought.
- The case is submitted to the insurance company of the at-fault party, who conducts their own case evaluation, and negotiations commence.
- If an agreement is not reached, it is necessary to file a lawsuit and work to win the case in court (although this is unlikely, as, on average, only 1 out of every 20 cases goes to court).
- Maintaining clear, empathetic, and ongoing communication with the victim to keep them informed about all developments and options in their case to always make the best decisions together.
Common Causes of Personal Injuries
Any accident can result in a personal injury, although the vast majority of negligence-related accidents are concentrated in the following categories:
- Construction Site Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Chainsaw Accidents
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Machinery Accidents
- Construction Elevator Accidents
- Staircase Accidents
- Eye Injuries
- Falls at Construction Sites
- Roof Collapse Accidents
- Falling Objects or Material Accidents
- Window Cleaning Accidents
- Building Demolition Accidents
- Excavation Accidents
- Roofing Accidents
- Vehicle Accidents
- Forklift Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
Types of Injuries Most Commonly Suffered by Victims of Negligence-Related Accidents
Construction accidents primarily lead to the following types of personal injuries:
- Fractured ribs and bones
- Brain injuries (ranging from contusions to severe trauma).
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, with the additional risk of damage to the spinal cord, which can result in paralysis
- Limb amputation
- Crushing injuries
- Eye injuries
- Burn injuries
- Poisoning injuries
- Neck injuries (commonly known as whiplash)
- Internal organ injuries
- Wrongful death due to negligence
Statistics on Accidents in Manhattan, New York and the United States
The government of New York City reports that the construction industry is one of the most dangerous, as demonstrated by these statistics on fatal accidents:
- On average, 20 people die in New York each year due to construction accidents.
- Construction sees five times more fatalities than any other industry in New York.
Within the New York population, the Latino community is the most vulnerable, as indicated by this alarming statistic:
- In New York, 33 out of every 100 individuals who suffer fatal construction accidents are of Latino origin.
If you are part of our Hispanic community in Manhattan and have been injured in a construction, it is vital that you seek legal assistance from Spanish-speaking top-rated personal injury lawyer Manhattan, such as those at Gorayeb.
Regarding the United States, a report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics reveals that:
- More than 10 percent of workplace deaths come from the construction industry.
Due to these concerning figures, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has identified the causes of such accidents with the following results:
- 60 percent of fatal accidents in the construction industry are attributed to four main types of accidents:
- Slips and falls
- Struck by objects or falling materials
- Being caught or crushed.
Steps to Follow If You’ve Suffered an Accident in Manhattan
These are the steps to follow if you suffered an accident in Manhattan:
- Seek immediate medical attention (call 911 if no one else has done so).
- Follow any instructions given by the medical personnel.
- Request a clear diagnosis of your injuries.
After being attended to by medical personnel, you should:
- Call a Gorayeb & Associates Manhattan workplace injury lawyer
If possible, take these actions that can assist your lawyers in succeeding with your case:
- Obtain names and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
- Photograph the accident scene and take pictures of your injuries.
- Notify the relevant company about your accident (in the case of a traffic accident, request a copy of the police report).
- Do not post anything about your accident on your social media accounts.
What Should You Do If an Insurance Adjuster Approaches You?
You may receive a visit from an insurance adjuster representing an insurance company after your accident, and they may want to have you sign an insufficient compensation. If this happens to you, you should consider the following:
- Do not sign any documents.
- Do not make statements.
- Call a Gorayeb & Associates accident lawyer immediately.
- Inform the adjuster that from that moment forward, all negotiations will be handled through your lawyers.
How Much Money Can You Get If Your Personal Injury Case Is Successful?
Every personal injury case is unique; therefore, the compensation received by victims varies from one case to another. However, the amount in each case is calculated by considering these essential factors:
- The severity of the injuries.
- How long it will take for the victim to reach their maximum recovery.
- Whether the injuries are preventing the victim from working and for how long they will be unable to work.
Personal injury lawyers calculate the exact amount they will seek for the victim by adding benefits from two main categories.
These are expenses directly related to physical injuries:
- Clinical studies
- Intensive therapy
- Doctor's fees
- Ambulance services
- Rehabilitation equipment
- Lost wage reimbursement
- Funeral expenses
These are compensations related to emotional and psychological distress that victims may have developed as a result of their accident, such as:
- Loss of the ability to spend quality time with family and loved ones
Why Are Gorayeb & Associates Accident Lawyers in Manhattan Your Best Choice?
The work of Gorayeb & Associates is distinguished by legal excellence and the friendly, professional, and empathetic treatment we provide to our clients. Not only have we won over a billion dollars for our clients, but we are an integral part of the Latin community in New York, continuously forming alliances and organizing activities with the aim of defending their rights.
Did you get injured due to someone else's fault in an accident? Call us or fill out this form to request a free consultation. We have over 35 years of experience in winning cases like yours. We speak Spanish and are available at any time every day of the year. You have the right to be compensated regardless of your immigration status. Our Manhattan personal injury lawyers are ready to work with you and seek justice in your case.
Frequently Asked Questions about Our Manhattan Personal Injury Lawyers
Gorayeb & Associates personal injury lawyers typically handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, a scheme designed to protect the finances of the victims and works as follows:
- The victim never pays out of their pocket.
- Lawyers work on the case using their own resources.
- If they win, lawyers receive a smaller percentage of the compensation the victim receives.
- If they lose, lawyers receive nothing.
- This way, the victim can be assured that their lawyers are working full-time to win their case.
When a person dies in an accident due to someone else's fault, their family has the right to seek various compensation benefits that not only cover funeral costs but also provide potential pensions. Among the family members entitled to receive this compensation are the spouse, children, sisters, and brothers.
If you suffer an accident due to someone else's fault, the laws of New York protect you regardless of your immigration status. Whether your citizenship status is irregular or not, a Manhattan personal injury lawyer from Gorayeb & Associates ensures the privacy of your personal data while they advocate for your rights and fight to obtain compensation that will help you rebuild your life with your family.